NAME: Watford – Brighton & Hove Albion
DATE: August 10, 2019
TIME: 14:00 UTC
VENUE: Vicarage Road, Watford, England
Watford vs Brighton match preview
This is a re-run of last season’s opening day assignment, with Watford winning both halves 1-0 on that occasion. However, a promising start to 2018/19 yielded a poor end, with Watford losing by a margin of 3+ goals in their last three competitive games, and conceding at least three times in the second half on two occasions.
That poor late-season form was also reflected in home results, with Watford taking just one Premier League (PL) point out of the last 12 available at Vicarage Road (D1, L3). Each of that quartet saw them concede first and lose the first half to-nil.
Just barely holding on to PL status last season, Brighton have taken just three of the last 27 PL points available (D3, L6), losing by 2+ goals on four occasions within that sequence. Of those four losses by over 1.5 goals, three saw Brighton concede the second goal of the match (for 2-0) in the second half’s opening quarter-hour.
Meanwhile, Brighton’s PL away form this calendar year stands at: W1, D3, L5. However, a two-thirds majority (six) of those road trips have seen both teams score, and three of Brighton’s last four PL away goals have arrived in the final third of play (61st-90th+ minute).
Players to watch: Roberto Pereyra scored both goals (assisted by José Holebas) in Watford’s opening day home win over Brighton exactly a year ago.
Brighton’s new forward Leandro Trossard is in line for his debut. The new arrival from KRC Genk has netted three of his last four competitive goals in the second half.
Stat attack: Watford’s last two home games have seen them score inside the first 15 minutes of the second half.
Across all venues, Brighton have lost the first half in seven of their last nine matches.
Furthermore, the ‘Seagulls’ (BRI) have conceded first in nine of their last 11 matches.
When the odds are 2.00 the expected chance of winning is 50%, but this team actually wins 59% matches with these odds.
Brighton & Hove Albion
When the odds are 4.33 the expected chance of winning is 23%, but this team actually wins 35% matches with these odds.
More than 2.5 goals 7/8
Brighton & Hove Albion
More than 2.5 goals 5/6
Both teams scoring 6/8
First to score 5/6
Watford stats and analysis
Team form rating
- Both teams have scored in 8 times out of 10 (80%) in Watford’s last 10 Premier League matches.
- Watford’s Team Form Rating has not changed significantly (83.1 to 82. 7) in last 6 matches.
- Watford have failed to win in 5 of their last 6 Premier League matches (83%).
- In Watford’s last 19 matches, 16 times out of 19 (84%) the total goals scored was over 2.5.
- In the recent 10 matches that were refereed by C. Pawson, Watford have won 2, drawn 1 and lost 7.
- Watford have conceded at least once in 18 of their last 19 matches (95%).
- In the last 5 encounters against teams with Team Form rating between 77 and 82 at home, Watford have won 1, drawn 2 and lost 2, scored 0.8 goal and conceded 1.4 goals per match.
Brighton stats and analysis
Team form rating
- Brighton & Hove Albion have won 4 of their last 5 matches (80%).
- Brighton & Hove Albion have conceded 1 goal or more in 9 of their last 10 Premier League matches (90%).
- In the recent 10 matches that were refereed by C. Pawson, Brighton & Hove Albion have won 3, drawn 3 and lost 4.
- Under 2.5 goals landed on 5 occasions (83%) in Brighton & Hove Albion’s last 6 Premier League matches.
- In the last 8 encounters against teams with Team Form rating between 80 and 85 away from home, Brighton & Hove Albion have won 2, drawn 3 and lost 3, scored 1.1 goals and conceded 1.5 goals per match.
- In Brighton & Hove Albion’s last 6 matches, 5 times out of 6 (83%) the total goals scored was over 2.5.
My prediction to the match Watford vs Brighton
Watford to win the match with odd @2.02 in 1xbet
How to watch video livestream (free and legal)
If you want to watch this match absolutely free of charge, without adds and legal, simply follow the next steps:
- Step 1 - Register for free 1xbet using this link, no deposit required. But if you will make deposit, you can get up to $100 welcome bonus now!
- Step 2 - Scroll through the list of the covered sports events and find this match in events list
- Step 3 - Watch the game add free on your PC, Mac, iPhone or Android