Both Teams To Score, often abbreviated to BTTS, popular football market which provides odds for both teams to score in the match with 2 possible results: Yes or No.
For example, match between Man Utd and Liverpool (English Premier league), Round 27
According to www.flashscore.com it is 2 offensive teams which strikes 2 goals per game and more:
So, if you want to place bet for Both teams to score market, you will see these odds
How it works?
It works very simple, for example, we choose “Yes” for @1.61. Manchester United and Liverpool need to score minimum 1 goal (each team) to give us a victory. So result of the match 1:1 and more (no matter who wins the match) will be profitable for us.
But if one of the teams (or both) do not score in the match – we will lost our bet.
And vice versa, if you think that this match will be without goals you need to pick “No” with odds @2.20. We will win our bet if one of the teams (or both) don’t score in the match.
Benefits of BTTS bets
- Easy to understand betting market, just 2 possible results without refunding money.
- You don’t need to predict winner of the match to win your bet.
- This market (Both teams to score offers many popular and trusted bookmakers: Bet365, WilliamHill, Unibet and other).
- There are many football strategies for this markets.
- Big margin. It’s not money line and bookmakers offers BTTS odds with higher margin (7-9% in Bet365), so you need to predict correct results with accuracy higher than bookies on 4-5% to have value bets on the distance.
- The result of the bets is highly dependent on weather conditions, so you need to collect more information before place your bets.
How to make good BTTS bets
I have some tips, which can help you to improve your Both teams to Score bets and get t more profitable.
- Find the best odds. BTTS odds are provided form many popular bookmakers, so you can find odds for “Yes” or “No” on 0.03 – 0.1 higher, when if you place bets only in your favorite bookmaker.
- Analyze statistics. You need to analyze last 10-15 matches for each team to see dynamics of the team and patterns.
- Weather. Rain or snow is a big reason to bet on Both teams to score “NO”, because the field becomes very low quality and game will be much slower than usually.
- Injuries. Key forwards, defenders and goalkeepers are very important for this kinds of bets, so if you know some FRESH info about starting 11 – use it and get advantage on bookies.
- Watch matches. It can be difficult if you place bets on many matches and championships, but it can help you to know more than bookmakers about teams form and conditions of key players.
- Use websites. https://www.flashscore.com and https://www.whoscored.com/ can help you to know more about every player and team in the league (and to track their form too).